Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/32/d67215390/htdocs/icologie/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wp-calendar/fsCalendarEvent.php on line 69
Are you a professional event or conference organiser?
How “green” or environmentally sustainable are the events you organise and host?
Do you want to make a difference?
Our Event Greening training workshop is based on the City of Cape Town’s Smart Events Handbook and will provide you with the essential practical skills needed for reducing the environmental footprint of your conference or event – large or small.
Why do the course?
Through attending the workshop you will:
- Be able to understand why living sustainably is essential
- Understand the green business opportunities and risks in Eventing
- Have knowledge to make high level sustainability decisions relating to events
- Be empowered to make personal lifestyle changes at home and in the work place
- Have the opportunity to network with like-minded individuals
What is the course content?
The course will include the following main elements:
- What is event greening? What are the benefits and why is it important?
- What are the main greening practices that need to be implemented?
- What is climate change, global warming and carbon off-setting?
- The section on practical implementation will include how to get started, the management principles and high impact areas that need to be considered, such as venues, exhibition, F&B, marketing and transport.
Who should attend?
The training is aimed at the following main groups:
- Event organisers – conferences, meetings, seminars, workshops, festivals, exhibitions
- Venues – convention centres, hotels and other venues where events are held
- Suppliers and sub-contractors – infrastructure, AV, transport, products
- Business – event organisers, PR and communication teams
What events have we “greened“?
Our experience in Event Greening includes the Greening of COP17 for the National Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA), working closely with the Ethekwini Municipality Green Team. We have also been involved with events such as the Green Building Council of SA Conference and Rocking the Daisies.
What does it cost?
Only R1995 per person plus VAT
This includes lunch, refreshments and course materials. If you have dietary requirements, please let us know on the registration form.
The next courses are: