Accelerate Cape Town is a business-led initiative aimed at bringing together stakeholders in the Cape Town region to develop and implement a long-term vision for sustainable, inclusive economic growth.
The organisation was started by a group of business leaders brought together by a common concern over the lack of pace and direction of change in the Cape. They agreed that a common long-term vision and future strategy were needed for the region, and that “big business” should play a leading role in developing and implementing them. They initially gathered a broad view from business leaders, thought leaders, other stakeholders and the public on the long-term economic vision and development strategy for the Cape region. Their qualitative findings were combined with quantitative desk-based research. The project’s Strategy Team synthesised this information to establish the key economic themes and sectors for the region to support. This resulted in the creation of Vision 2030.
Vision 2030 ultimately aims to influence business and policy direction to significantly increase business activity and investment using eight goals that have been identified as the most conducive to transforming the Cape Town city region into a vibrant international business destination.
The Vision 2030 Goals are:
- Iconic & Emulated
- Global African Gateway
- Creative & Cultural
- Green & Beautiful
- Connected & Vibrant
- Welcoming & Caring
- Safe & Efficient
- Educated & Trained
Their activities are focus on four key areas; thought leadership, networking, influencing and mobilising, with particular emphasis on taking action and encouraging others to take action in order to achieve our vision.
Membership benefits can be summarized as follows:
- Network: In a city that is notoriously badly networked, we offer our members the opportunity to meet their equivalents in other corporates, as well as government and other stakeholders.
- Strategic influence: We introduce our members to key stakeholders in the city and region to discuss issues related to the growth and development of the region.
- A finger on the pulse of Cape business: We share information and intelligent analysis with our members through our briefings, publications and events, which range from small dinners, breakfast briefings, and our e-newsletter.
- Opportunities to sponsor key projects: Through the projects we run, we offer our members the opportunity to get exposure while ensuring that concrete action takes place to drive the region towards the Southern Tiger that it has the potential to become.
- Events: These events not only provide the opportunity to network and build business relationships but allow you to participate in contributing to accelerating growth and change in the Cape region. They host a wide range of networking/ issue driven events with speakers from government, business and community. The breakfast events relating to Green & Beautiful goal are run in partnership with KPMG and icologie.
For more information visit www.acceleratecapetown.com or contact Georgina on 021 408 7255.